- Iqbal Usman
- Shunaid Qureshi
- Asim Ghani
- Duraid Quresh
- Ali Jehangir
- Suleman Lalani
- Rafay Akbar
Mr. Muhammad Iqbal Usman
- Chairman Board of Directors
Iqbal Usman is by profession a fellow member of Institute of Chartered Accountant Of Pakistan. He was member of the Karachi Stock Exchange (Guarantee) Limited in his personal capacity in the year 1990. He was the founder of the BMA Capital Management Limited, corporate member of the Karachi Stock Exchange. He has started his Career as tax consultant and practitioner as Chartered Accountant in the year 1969. Since his retirement, he is involved in various industrial, financial, construction, real estate and textile sector. Presently he involve in construction of a well-known Flat Site Building in Bath Island Karachi.
He is presently involved in following companies in various capacities:
Chairmanship:- Acme Mills (Pvt) Limited a medium size weaving unit in Karachi.
Directorships:- Suraj Cotton Mills Limited a large size Textile Mills in Sind and Punjab
- Javedan Cement Company Limited and also Chairman its Audit Committee.
- BMA Asset Management Company a leading fund Management Company and also Chairman its Audit Committee.
- Icon Global (Pvt) Limited a medium size export oriented company.
Mr. Shunaid Qureshi
- Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Shunaid Qureshi Presently holding the office of Chairman Pakistan Ethanol Manufacturers Association (P.E.M.A.). He continued as Chairman of Pakistan Sugar Mills Association (All Pakistan Basis) for the term 2007-2008 (Sindh Zone). He endured his services as Chairman of F.P.P.C.I Standing Committee on "WAPDA Affairs", for the term ending Dec. 2010.
He did Bachelor of Engineering (Industrial Engineering) from Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Jamshoro. He was gold medalist with three Gold Medals in BE/Engineering 1990 from Mehran University, Jamshoro.
He is currently holding the membership of following:
* Pakistan Engineering Council.
* Pakistan Institute of Engineers.
* Member of the Art Council of Pakistan
* Member of Pakistan Defense Officer Housing Society.
* Member of the Defense Authority Country & Golf Club.
* Permanent Member of the Karachi Gymkhana Club.
* Permanent Member of the Karachi Boat Club
* Member of the Beach Pool Club of Beach Luxury Hotel.
* Member of the Sindh Workers Children Education Cess Board.
* Member of Arabian Sea Country Club.
* Member of Italian Development Council. Karachi.
Directorship:- Al-Abbas Energy Limited
- Falcon-I Pvt. Ltd.
- HUM TV - Eye Television Network
Mr. Asim Ghani
- Executive Director
Mr. Asim Ghani is serving as a director in Al-Abbas Sugar Mills Limited. He is playing very key role in affairs of the Tank Terminal operations and regularly taken strategic decision over procurement of molasses. He has done his Master's in Business Administration. Mr. Asim has very extensive experience in procurement and handling of molasses. Besides, this he acts as Executive Director in managing the daily affairs of Dhabeji unit of the Al-Abbas Sugar Mills Limited.
Directorship:- Javedan Corporation Limited
Mr. Duraid Quresh
Mr. Duraid Qureshi is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of HUM Network Limited, (satellite Channel). From 2001-2003 he was the CEO of Eye Entertainment. Prior to this he was the Chief Operating Officer of Al-Abbas Sugar Mills Limited responsible for all operating work at the mill. Mr. Duraid Qureshi holds Master's degree from Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS).
Directorship:- HUM Network Limited
Mr. Ali Jehangir Siddiqui
Mr. Ali Jahangir Siddiqui is the Managing Partner of JS Private Equity, Pakistan's largest private equity firm. From 2002-2003 he was an Executive Director of JS, Investments Ltd. private sector mutual fund manager. Prior to JS Group, Mr. Siddiqui was a Director with Crosby, a private equity firm, and was based in Hong Kong. Prior to Crosby, he was an Associate with Tech pacific Capital where he was part of a team that managed over US $ 400 million in private equity and venture investing in Asia- Pacific. Mr. Siddiqui holds a B.A. in Economics from Cornell University.
Directorships:- Jahangir Siddiqui & Co. Ltd.
- Ghani Glass Limited
- Airblue Limited
- AJS Holding (Pvt.) Limited
- Mahvash & Jahangir Siddiqui Foundation
- Acumen Fund Pakistan
- Agrow Limited
Mr. Suleman Lalani
Mr. Suleman Lalani joined Jahangir Siddiqui & Co. Limited (JSCL) on March 1, 2012 as Chief Executive Officer. Prior to joining JSCL he was Executive Director Finance & Operations and Company Secretary of JS Investments Limited where he served as CFO and Company Secretary for seven years.
Mr. Lalani started his career with JSCL in 1992 where he worked for over eight years. In year 2000 he was promoted to the position of Chief Operating Officer of Jahangir Siddiqui Investment Bank Limited, a subsidiary of JSCL. In January 2002 he joined The First MicroFinance Bank Limited as its Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary.
Mr. Lalani is a Fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan and has 20 years of experience in the financial services sector. He has also completed the Board Development Series Certificate Program conducted by the Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance.
Directorships:- JS Investments Limited - Director
- Jahangir Siddiqui & Co. Ltd. - Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Sayed Rafay Akbar Rashdi
Mr. Rafay currently involved as team lead for post implementation support for Oracle HRMS, Payroll, Self-Service HR, Financials and Hyperion at United Bank Limited. He is working as senior consultant at IBM, Karachi.
Mr. Rafay was Systems Analyst/Consultant at Millennium Financial Inc, Toronto, Canada. In 2005 he was assistant marketing manager at Eye Television Network Pakistan, devised marketing plans for products and services offered by the Company.
Mr. Rafay has completed M.Sc. specialized in business system and analyst from City University, London in 2007. He also did B.COM, Information Technology Management from Ryerson University, Toronto Canada.
Ms. Darakshan Abdul Ghani
Ms. Darakshan Abdul Ghani has completed her graduation and is now currently pursuing her career in the field of accounts as Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA). She has completed her internships in Central Depositary Company Limited (CDC), Hum Television Network and A.F Ferguson And Company as an audit trainee. Furthermore, she has achieved Academic Excellence Award 2009.
Mrs. Asma Aves Coachinwala
Mrs. Asma Aves Coachinwala has completed her graduation from University of Karachi. She has completed her internship in Central Depositary Company Limited (CDC). She is currently managing family businesses.
- Mr. Sayed Rafay Akbar Rashdi - Chairman
- Mr. Muhammad Iqbal Usman - Member
- Mr. Duraid Qureshi - Member
- Ms. Darakshan Abdul Ghani - Member
Human Resource and Remuneration Committee
- Mr. Duraid Qureshi - Chairman
- Mr. Asim Ghani - Member
- Ms. Darakshan Abdul Ghani - Member
- Mr. Sayed Rafay Akbar Rashdi - Member
- Chief Executive Officer - Mr. Shunaid Qureshi
- Executive Director - Mr. Asim Ghani
- Company Secretary - Mr. Suleman Kanjiani
- Chief Financial Officer - Mr. Suleman Kanjiani
- Head of Internal Audit - Mr. Safar Ali
- Head of Admin and Human Resource - Mr. Mohammad Azim-Ud-Din Qureshi
- Head of Procurement - Mr. Tahir Hussain Memon
- General Manager Plant Mirwah - Mr. Ghulam Muhammad Soomro
- General Manager Production Mirwah - Mr. Arif Hussain
- General Manager Cane Mirwah - Mr. Ghulam Akber
- General Manager Mechanical Mirwah - Mr. Umer Bozdar
- General Manager Operation Dhabeji - Mr. Aves Coachinwala
Statement of Ethics and Business Practices
AL-ABBAS SUGAR MILLS LIMITED is aiming to produce high quality product and provide service to its customers with transparency and professionalism. We also try to ensure and safeguard the interests of all stakeholders.Following principles from the basis for the above statement:
- We care about quality of our product and try to compete nationally and internationally.
- We always try to update ourselves with introduction of new technology and promote culture of change of in our company.
- We maintain highest degree of technical standards.
Dealing with employees
- We try to recognize and reward all of our employees for their performance.
- We provide very friendly working atmosphere for all our employees and treat them as family members.
- All employees are treated uniformly according to their organizational status.
Compliance with the law of country
- We always adhere to the prevailing laws. Utmost care is taken by us to discharge all our legal responsibilities.
Internal control and financial reporting:
- We have implemented a very sound and reliable internal control system in our organization, which is well understood by all of our employees and parties dealing with us.
- Financial planning is a core activity of our system through which we ensure efficient and effective utilization of financial and human resources.
- Financial reporting system employed by us is very effective and transparent and is being relied upon by society at large.
Dealing with our suppliers and service providers:
- We only purchase from very reliable parties, acquire service of competent people and ensure to safeguard their interests by taking all necessary steps in dealing with them strictly on fair basis.
- We always try to build confidence, reliability and trust by ensuring fulfillment of our commitments with suppliers and service providers.
Goal of the company:
- We always strive to produce high standard products whether it is for local or international markets.
- We provide reliable information to our business partners.
- We keep our assets in superfine condition and safeguard them from all possible risks.